South Northamptonshire County Council
Flexiform tendered for the design, manufacture, fit out and installation of furniture for this new purpose-built council office in Towcester. South Northamptonshire County Council were looking for innovative designs to assist different departments to make the best use of the limited floor space available and providing a pleasant working environment that included limited document storage and breakout areas for staff.
The building required three floors of furniture for various departments each with their individual needs with considerations for agile working, flexibility, and hot-desking facilitates. The products selected needed to be versatile and able to adapt to the Council’s future needs. A new customer-facing area was also to be developed, which would require a number of private workspaces for the public, as well as breakout spaces. Flexiform went through a series of meetings and workshops to understand the needs and concerns of departments across the Council’s workforce. The meetings addressed storage capacities and furniture, to ensure products supplied met the desired requirements.
- CLIENT: South Northamptonshire County Council
- LOCATION: Towcester, Northamptonshire.
- PROJECT LEAD: Phil Roberts.
- PRODUCTS: Pico Desk Range (Back-to-Back Desks, Bespoke Back-to-Back Desks and 120 Degree Desk), Desk Mounted Screens, Monitor Arms, On-Desk Electrics, Freestor Tambour Storage, Bespoke Metal Ventilated Lockers, Task Seating, Meeting Seating, Circular Table, Bespoke IT Desk, Stools, Sofas, Tub Chairs, Dining Chairs, Dining Tables, Flip-Top Tables, Leather Task Chairs.
- WORKSPACES Customer Services, Public Atrium, Café, Staff Open Plan Offices, Meeting Rooms, Informal Meeting Areas, Council Chambers.
- SERVICES: Product Workshops, Bespoke Products, Space Planning, Interior Design.
A number of plans and renders were produced, to give the client an idea of how the space would look – this provided the opportunity to explore different colours, to find the perfect tone and feel. As South Northamptonshire Council requires flexible workspaces, they selected Pico desks as the range shares components and can be easily extended and reduced in size as required.
South Northamptonshire Council was looking for a company who has “a strong track record of supporting staff through this type of change, and [can assist] the Council to provide cost-effective and proven furniture solutions [to make] this journey as smooth as possible.” Flexiform has a wealth of experience in providing different types of support – for South Northamptonshire Council this included a number of workshops, to help staff select products for different areas. The products were left on-site during this process, for staff to interact and test them.