High Speed 2, Birmingham
Flexiform completes the furniture installation and interior design for HS2 (High Speed 2) in partnership with Mace Architects. Following the highly successful project to supply HS2 Limited with furniture for their Number One Canada Square offices, Flexiform were selected via a competitive tender process to supply the furniture for the new HS2 Snow Hill offices in Birmingham.
“It was a real pleasure working with Flexiform. They embraced the concept immediately with speed and efficiency, providing support throughout the project. Site management was detailed and efficient.” – Geraldine Scott – Project Manager, Mace Group, HS2 2014
Working closely with the same client project team that we worked with at Canada Square (and with Mace on the design and project management), Flexiform delivered a full interior furniture package for over 1,000 staff located in Birmingham
- CLIENT: High Speed 2 (HS2)
- LOCATION: Snow Hill, Birmingham
- PROJECT LEAD: Nick Saunders
- PRODUCT: Pico Desks, Freestor Tambours, Monitor Arms, On-Desk Electrics, Task Seating, Freestor Office Lockers, Office Pods, Flip-Top Tables, Lounge Seating, Additions Pedestal Base Tables, Stools.
- WORKSPACES: Open Plan Office, Breakout Area, Staff Canteen, Breakout Areas, Collaboration Areas, Reconfigurable Training Room, Boardroom / Meeting Room
- SERVICES: Space Planning, Visualisation, Site Survey, Storage Survey, Phased Weekend Installation
- COLLABORATION: Mace Group
Using reflective learning from the earlier project, a revised furniture specification was created to incorporate the different needs of the Snow Hill space while also mirroring the look and feel of the Canary Wharf offices to ensure the corporate branding of the space was maintained. Analysis of the Canada Square offices revealed an increased need for small collaboration spaces, we provided a number of meeting and breakout “pods” – IT-equipped spaces that can be used for one-to-one meetings, small meetings, presentations, solo work, and for ad-hoc discussions.
The formal meeting rooms are highly flexible, with mobile folding tables allowing these rooms to be utilised in a number of ways. The use of USB charge points on all workstations is designed to accommodate mobile technology much more effectively, providing agile, flexible working. Personal lockers remove the need for pedestals at the workstation while ensuring that all staff has a safe, private storage space. This again helps to reinforce the flexibility in the office, but also saves money on the overall scheme. The use of combination locks eliminates potential issues with key management.