We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern day slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. This Modern Day Slavery Act 2015 Policy Statement reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within our supply chain even though our turnover at present is less than the £36m threshold where reporting is required.
What is Modern Slavery?
Modern slavery is an international crime, affecting an estimated 29.8 million slaves around the world. It is a growing global issue that transcends age, gender, and ethnicities. It includes victims who have been brought from overseas and vulnerable people in the UK, who are forced to illegally work against their will across many different sectors such as agriculture, hospitality, construction, retail, and manufacturing.
This Policy takes into account and supports the policies, procedures and requirements documented in our integrated Management Systems which are compliant to ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
Flexiform is committed to ensuring that all employees are treated with respect and dignity, are working under their own free will, and are being properly compensated for their effort.
As Flexiform only employs staff in the UK, all of our employees are employed under the local laws relevant in this country. However, we are aware that some our wider supply chain can and does employ people outside the UK so our policy is written to take account of this as well.
It is Flexiform’s policy to:
- Ensure that all employees are over the legal age of employment in the UK.
- Ensure that all employees work without any coercion of any kind or in any other environment where employees are forced to work against their will.
- All employees are properly compensated for their work and are not threatened with compensation being withheld.
- Refrain from engaging with any suppliers or vendors that cannot demonstrate an aligned commitment to Anti-Forced labour and Bonded Labour as the policy within Flexiform.
- All suppliers and vendors must ensure that all employees are over the legal age of employment in any country in which they operate and in any circumstances are not to be under the age of 15.
Employment contracts and other records, documenting all relevant details of the employees, including age, are maintained at all times and are open to verification by any authorised personnel or relevant statutory body.
All employees are age-checked prior to any employment commencing as part of the overall identity and security vetting that we carry out on all employees.
Flexiform ensures that this policy is understood and communicated at all levels of the company and that it is regularly reviewed by the Directors to ensure its continuing suitability and relevance to our activities.