Flexiform Business Furniture completes the redesign and fit-out of UK based Greggs. A high street staple, Greggs PLC is the largest bakery chain in the United Kingdom. The company, which specialises in sweet and savoury baked products, is run from its head office in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Awarded in December 2015, this interior design and office furniture contract sought to consolidate Greggs’ Head Office locations into 3 locations with new office furniture, and move the existing furniture to the new head office site. Installation would take place in 3 phases starting in March 2016, to be completing in May 2016, accommodating 400 staff. The office furniture fitout included open plan office space, meeting and boardroom space, staff breakout area and canteen, reception and a versatile training room.
Flexiform have continued to work with Greggs, fitting out a second site in 2017.
- CLIENT: Greggs PLC.
- LOCATION: Newcastle upon Tyne.
- PROJECT LEAD: Rob Waterhouse.
- PRODUCTS: Additions 2 Tables, Pico Desks, Freestor Tambour Storage, Freestor Side Filer Storage, Reception Seating, Reception Counter, Breakout Seating, Desk Mounted Screens and Accessories, On-Desk Electrics, Monitor Arms, Pedestals, Media Booths, Bespoke Recycling Bins.
- WORKSPACES: Open Plan Office, Meeting Room, Boardroom, Staff Canteen, Reception, Training Room.
- SERVICES: Interior Design, Space Planning, Visuals, On-Site Design Meetings, Site Surveys, Bespoke Furniture.
Our robust standard Pico desk was installed with fully integrated cable management, designed to maximise under desk space and hide cables. Surpassing the initial criteria, the Pico desk also offered built-in height adjustability, as well as screen partition fixtures. Freestor Storage complimented the desking and designed to match both the height of the screens and the width of the bench desking. 2, 4 and 6 seater enclosed sofa units break up the departments in the open plan office, with their bold colours offering a flexible and stylish soft solution to the traditional partition meeting room.
During the design process, our in-house Space Planning Team and the Project Manager met with the clients’ 14 department managers to establish the individual needs of each team, and to explore the best solutions for their requirements. A 2D plan was created for each area, and once an agreed working footprint was established, a 3D render was produced. From this layout an itinerary of products within the plan was automatically generated, allowing us to cross-reference the quotation with the plan to ensure nothing was missed.