The Gambling Commission is responsible for monitoring and regulating casinos, bingo, gaming machines and lotteries in Britain. Through the OGC Buying Solutions Catalysts Framework Agreement, Flexiform were selected to design, manufacture and fit-out The Gambling Commissions new offices in Birmingham. This included benching systems for 200 staff with personal under desk storage and side filer storage. Various breakout and meeting seating solutions were also required.
Flexiform design, manufactured and installed furniture for open plan offices, meeting rooms, boardrooms, reception areas and staff canteen/ breakout area.
- CLIENT: Gambling Commission.
- LOCATION: Birmingham.
- PROJECT LEAD: Phil Roberts.
- PRODUCTS: Jot Back-to-Back Desks, Desk Mounted Screens, On-Desk Electrics, Task Seating, Meeting Seating, Dining Chairs & Table, Jot Side Filer Storage, Credenza, Boardroom Table.
- WORKSPACES: Open Plan Offices, Meeting Rooms, Boardrooms, Staff Canteen.
- SERVICES: Space Planning.
The interiors followed two colour themes; the main workspaces are white, complimented with a lime green finish, with surrounding storage in white. A variety of lime green glass was used with Jot to add a striking colour theme, which matched chairs and carpets throughout the building. Reception, meeting and breakout spaces were finished in white and lilac.
The Flexiform Jot desk range was selected for its modern, bold and substantial design, which works well throughout the desking and storage. Jot is available with side filer drawers and flippers. Due to changes in gambling laws, the Gambling Commission has continually expanded to include more workstations and storage over many years.