Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Working with Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council, Flexiform designed, manufactured and installed the new Council Offices at Westgate hosting 700 staff. Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council invested a great deal of time ensuring that the built environment for their new office was both functional and sustainable. Critical to the success of the new building was the specification and planning of the furniture. After an extensive tendering process, Flexiform were selected to provide the complete interiors package, including desking, storage, meeting rooms, breakout and lose furniture.
- CLIENT: Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
- LOCATION: Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
- PROJECT LEAD: Northern Hub.
- PRODUCTS: Jot 120 Degree Desks, Task Chairs, Desk Mounted Screens, Bespoke Storage Bins, Metal Ventilated Lockers, Boardroom Table, Freestor Tambour Storage, Pedestals.
- WORKSPACES: Open Plan Offices, Meeting Room Tables.
- SERVICES: Bespoke Products, Site Survey, Space Planning, Visuals.
For this project, the Jot 120 degree benching system was installed. The benching system could sit groups of varying sizes, from one to 14 people, depending on the formation used. This is a key factor in the establishment of the office layout, as teams of many different sizes operate throughout the building.
The benching was built to a high standard and was finished in Jot silver with maple worktops. The Freestor Tambour storage units supplied were finished in Jot silver and finished with blue translucent glass tops. Bespoke mobile storage cabinets were provided where flexible team formations were prevalent.
Part of the service package provided was ergonomic seating assessments for all nominated staff and post-installation training for all staff on how to correctly set up and use the seating provided. This was an essential part of ensuring that the staff utilised the furniture in the correct way, reducing fatigue and increasing effectiveness.