Edinburgh BioQuarter selected Flexiform to complete their large breakout area in their main offices in conjunction with Michael Laird Architects. Edinburgh BioQuarter is an academic medical centre that combines outstanding biomedical research from the University of Edinburgh with the clinical expertise of NHS Lothian.
Within the Edinburgh BioQuarter there was a requirement to fill breakout areas with a range of meeting seating and sofas, along with the incubation units for each company to use. The incubation units are of various sizes and needed desking with cable management, a wide range of storage units and meeting tables and chairs.
- CLIENT: Edinburgh BioQuarter.
- LOCATION: Edinburgh, Scotland.
- PROJECT LEAD: Jemma Ryan.
- PRODUCTS: Pico Desk Range (Side-to-Side Desks, Pico Back-to-Back Bench Desks), Desk Mounted Screens, Pedestals, Jot Hinged Door Storage, Jot Side Filer Storage, Jot Combination Storage, Additions Pedestal Base Tables, Meeting Seating, Task Seating, Reception Sofa, Breakout Soft Seating, Dining Chairs & Tables, Flip-Top Tables.
- WORKSPACES: Reception, Canteen, Cellular Offices, Boardroom & Conferencing Space.
- COLLABORATION: Michael Laird Architects.
Flexiform has supplied each room with desking, with various sizes and configurations to fit the room – and the companies needs. Each desk has a sliding top to incorporate a cable management system. Task seating was supplied along with various Jot lateral storage units.
The project was completed within 2012. However, Flexiform has maintained an excellent working relationship with Scottish Enterprise and BioQuarter, and the project is ongoing as their furniture needs develop with the companies.