Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
Flexiform successfully completes the fit out and install furniture for The National Environment Research Council. The NERC were seeking cost-effective but contemporary staff, breakout and canteen area, that would also offer the flexibility to be used as a large briefing area for presentations. This required a mixture of dining, collaborative and meeting areas, as well as soft seating and informal spaces that would offer a degree of privacy for staff when needed.
- CLIENT: Natural Environment Research Council (NERC).
- LOCATION: Swindon.
- PROJECT LEAD: London Hub.
- PRODUCTS: Parq Poseur Height Tables, Parq Bench and Tables, Stools, Additions Pedestal Base Tables, Dining Chairs, Lounge Chairs, Media Booths, Modular Sofas, Meeting Seating, Additions 2 Barrel Shape Table.
- WORKSPACES: Breakout / Collaboration Area, Café Area, Boardroom.
- SERVICES: Space Planning, Interior Design, Visuals.
Taking an initial brief from the client, our in-house Space Planning department produced preliminary floor plans, followed by full 3D plans. Parq Poseur height tables with counter chairs were selected for an area where staff could sit and eat, or concentrate away from their desks. Additionally, the use of Parq dining height tables and benches offered more multifunctional collaborative meeting spaces, doubling up as places to both eat and relax. By putting soft chairs around Additions coffee tables we were able to create space for open and informal meetings, while modular sofas and booths were used for more formal areas, where staff could also sit and contemplate. In the large open area, circular Additions tables with stacking chairs were used for dining, which can be moved easily to one side to create space when large numbers need to gather for formal briefings.