Somerset County Council
In 2012, Flexiform successfully completed the tender to provide smart office working for Somerset County Council. The tender extended over a three-year period and included numerous installations taking place across their sites in Taunton, Bridgwater, Yeovil, Shepton Mallet, Norton Fitzwarren and Glastonbury.
In Somerset County Council’s Taunton office, Flexiform provided traditional open plan desks alongside meeting, collaboration and boardroom tables. The installation also included café and breakout spaces, offering staff more comfortable working and relaxing places within the office. Staff were also provided with colourful lockers and coat hanging facilities to maintain a clear desk policy.
- CLIENT: Somerset County Council.
- LOCATION: Taunton, Somerset.
- PROJECT LEAD: Phil Roberts.
- PRODUCTS: Pico Bench Desks, Task Seating, Freestor Tambour Storage, Bespoke Additions Tables, Additions Pedestal Base Tables, Bespoke Additions 2 Tables, Freestor Accent Lockers.
- WORKSPACES: Open Plan Offices, Collaboration Spaces, Staff Breakout.
- SERVICES: Bespoke Products, Space Planning.
“Just a quick note to say how well Dai and the team have done this week in Mendip. Most of the furniture has now been installed and they have done so very quickly and with the minimum of issues, despite it seems being delayed with some deliveries. They have also vacuumed today to ensure all has been left clean and tidy. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for them and they are a pleasure to work with.” – Elizabeth Jarman, Project Manager, Somerset County Council
Contemporary bespoke tables with curved corners were fitted throughout the café, meeting and collaborative areas, providing a stylish addition to the office. Additionally, a number of the boardroom and poseur height tables were fitted with in-desk electrics, supplying power and data to the tables for flexible working.