Edinburgh College, Sighthill Campus
Edinburgh College is a further learning college with four campuses throughout Edinburgh: Sighthill, Milton Road, Granton Road, and Midlothian. Edinburgh College undertook a major refurbishment of its Sighthill campus, adding a new extension to the front of the existing campus. Flexiform successfully won a tender bid process to supply furniture to the new extensions.
Working alongside Space, Flexiform was tasked to supply and fit educational furniture including bespoke seating solution for their impressive atrium area, café area, classrooms, breakout spaces, study areas, and library furniture. After this successful install Flexiform secured another campus at Milton Road using a similar specification of products and colours.
- CLIENT: Edinburgh College.
- LOCATION: Sighthill Campus, Edinburgh College, Edinburgh.
- PROJECT LEAD: Jemma Ryan.
- PRODUCTS: Bespoke Modular Seating, Pico Desks, Pedestals, Bespoke Flexilink 555 Racking, Additions Tables, Soft Seating, Poufs.
- WORKSPACES: Canteen, Library, Classrooms, Technology Rooms, Student Support Areas.
- SERVICES: Bespoke Furniture, Relocation of Furniture from Sighthill Campus to Milton Road Campus.
- COLLABORATION: Space and Turner Townsend.
Throughout the buildings, we worked with our partners Space and Turner Townsend to create fun, bright and invitingly-designed furniture. Edinburgh College wanted a specifically-designed fabric in the college logo colours. The fabric was applied to bespoke sociable seating in The Atrium at Sighthill. This was then developed with poufs, coffee tables, and bistro seating. All products were chosen for a fun design, funky shapes, bright colours, and durability.
Edinburgh College featured a variety of Flexiform’s furniture within the classrooms, technology rooms and library. Flexiform’s Additions table range has an extensive selection suitable for meetings, workshops, and classrooms as in addition to standalone desks with a wide variety of colour finishes, shapes, and leg types. For their staff offices, Edinburgh College required standalone Pico single desks with personal storage.