Greenwich Maritime Museum
Flexiform Business Furniture completed the fit-out and installation of The Greenwich Maritime Museum. The Endeavour staff accommodation project at Royal Museums Greenwich (RMG) aims to fulfil the museum’s modern workspaces agenda. The project aims to provide new modern, open-plan accommodation and create better quality working environments for staff. The brief also encourages a cultural change towards greater collaboration across the organisation, through the re-organisation and co-location of teams. This project should create sustainable and flexible workspaces, both offices and meeting rooms, for the needs of the organisation currently and for the future on the National Maritime Museum (NMM) site.
- CLIENT: Greenwich Maritime Museum.
- LOCATION: Greenwich, London.
- PROJECT LEAD: London Hub.
- PRODUCTS: Pico Back-to-Back Bench Desks, Underdesk Pedestals, Task Seating, Desk Mounted Screens, Freestor Tambour Storage, On Desk Electrics, Additions Pedestal Base Tables, Meeting Chairs, Media Booths.
- WORKSPACES: Open Plan Offices, Breakout Area, Meeting Areas.
- SERVICES: Site Survey, Space Planning, Interior Design, Visuals.
To fulfil this ambitious and forward-thinking brief Flexiform installed our Pico desk system – a cost-effective bench system designed to create large desk clusters using shared components. By sharing framework and other components, entire buildings can be fitted out quickly and effectively. The Pico desking range includes a comprehensive wire management system including integral cable trays, sliding worktops and innovative vertical cable towers, designed to cope with the most demanding wiring and IT requirements.
We also installed a range of formal meeting furniture and booth seating which provides semi-private/ informal meeting and flexible workspaces without creating rooms and discouraging the types of collaborative working required by the client.